Thursday, July 24, 2008

Literary vomit

Today I enjoyed the most exquisite thunderstorm yet this year! Finally, a commanding barrage of lightening and thunder!! Last year upon my arrival these storms were a daily occurrence. At times it seemed the ferocity of the concussions were delivering tangible blows to the very wounds I was nursing.
I wondered on more than one occasion if the level of indignation and simultaneous resolve I was feeling had invited such fantastical displays. If somehow this overwhelming conflict of core emotions had created some kind of cosmic junction where the very particles surrounding me had to release that exponential energy.
But this afternoon as these kinetic particles found their polar counterparts, roaring and igniting in ecstasy, I was also sated. Each clap and rumble in the celestial symphony seemed to caress my internal being. I awoke, curious if I was dreaming. When I realized the storm was real, I had to leave my hammock and move upstairs to the living room just to get a little closer. Flooded with peace, I was delighted to take inventory of my life at present and find absolute contentment. Thank God for perseverance, free will, and thunderstorms.

1 comment:

tashabud said...

You're a great writer. You have the ability to describe exactly what you're feeling and seeing at the moment you were watching the storm. The words you used are so fresh and so original to me. They're the words that somehow only you would only can come up with. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. Happy blogging.