Friday, August 1, 2008

Ode to KWOD

Ok, I never thought I would listen to radio this much. Let alone one station. But I have completely fallen for KWOD. This is the best station ever. I missed KNRK from Portland and would stream it at night while at work. Then I stumbled upon this Sacramento station and holy poop! Sorry Portland but KNRK has got nothing on KWOD. If music was a drug, I would be a junkie for life and KWOD would be my pimpin' dealer. Anyone who knows me is aware that music is absolutely necessary for me to function properly. The folks I work with are especially tolerant of me blaring my noise and absently standing in as lead vocals from time to time. As I have absolutely no musical talent what so ever, my performances are almost certainly more irritating than the music to the more seasoned generations in the lab. Still, they are kind enough to let me howl away. Living out here in cowboy country leaves me starved for modern music culture. But KWOD has taken me home with such a kick-ass assortment of music. Tonight alone I heard the pixies, weezer, reverend horton heat, less than jake, ramones, ludo, sublime, social d, some reggae, and lots of new stuff too. They have awesome contests, hilarious commercial spoofs, and that Adam Carolla is one funny muther f'er. Every time I work in the hematology department my 62 year old supervisor asks me how much more noise until Adam comes on. Scars on broadway could be playing and he won't ask me to turn it off 'cause he likes to listen to Adam so much. I gotta admit, its pretty funny seeing a 62 year old man with his nose in the microscope, chuckling to himself over masturbation jokes. Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks for bringing a little left coast to me while I'm killing time in Cheyenne. KWOD you're the best!!

2 comments:

tashabud said...

You're so funny. I don't recognize even one of the songs you mentioned. But, yes readers, I can attest to what she's writing here. She can't function properly without her loud music. And no, I'm not the 62-year-old supervisor she's talking about. Lol.

tashabud said...

Sutebean,
Thanks for stopping by and for commenting in my blog. I'm glad I'm off tonight. Yeah, I can't wait to read your "Four Things". I went to visit Joe's site and left some comments there, but when I try to go back to see if he commented on my comments, his blog site cannot be displayed. Don't work too much. I know it's hard not to if it's very busy, huh? Talk to you later.